The Wharfedale Diamond 230 Speakers look incredible, thanks to the new cabinet design and are available in four wood finishes. Bass and midrange cones are fashioned from woven Kevlar and incorporate semi- elliptical ‘break-up’ areas – visible as raised ‘V’ shapes on the cone’s surface – that smooth the response throughout the audible range.
The Wharfedale Diamond 230 Speakers offer a very competitive 90dB/W/m sensitivity, making them an ideal partner for a wide range of amplification. The Wharfedale Diamond 230 Speakers are designed to fit in with the rest of the Diamond range (including older models) both in terms of sound and looks.
Wharfedale Diamond 230 Speakers
The Wharfedale Diamond 230 Speakers are the perfect choice for many systems – offering a larger sound-stage and better bass response than its bookshelf counterparts in the new Diamond range. Equally at home in an AV setup as with hi-fi applications, the Wharfedale Diamond 230 Speakers is very reasonably priced – offering exceptional performance without stressing your pocket!
Also featured is a new bass-reflex port – offering technologies usually reserved for much higher-end products. This allows a nice, clean transition between the pressure variation in the cabinet and the low frequency sound developed in the room.
The Wharfedale Diamond 230 Speakers cabinet shape adds to the impressive sound; constructed to rectilinear shapes, the internal volume is maximised whilst the bass response delivers an impact at an optimal depth. The new composite multi-grain material used to construct the cabinets results in a sturdy design with minimal cabinet colouration and minimal internal sound leakage.
Available in Black, White, Walnut and Rosewood.
• General Description – 3-way Floorstanding Speaker.
• Enclosure Type – Bass Reflex.
• Transducer Complement – 3-way.
• Bass Driver – 165mm Woven Kevlar Cone.
• Midrange Driver – 165mm Woven Kevlar Cone.
• Treble Driver – 25mm Soft Dome.
• AV Shield – No.
• Sensitivity (2.83V @ 1m) – 90dB.
• Recommended Amplifier Power – 25-150W.
• Peak SPL – 102dB.
• Nomina Impedance – 8 Ohms Compatible.
• Minimum Impedance – 3.0 Ohms.
• Frequency Response (+/-3dB) – 40Hz – 20kHz.
• Bass Extension (-6dB) – 35Hz.
• Crossover Frequency – 400Hz & 2.4kHz.
• Cabinet Volume (in litres) – Mid Internal 9.6L.
• Dimensions (H x W x D) – 938 X 196 X 306. (mm)
• Net Weight – 17.8kg/pcs.