The WHARFEDALE 11CC Centre Speaker is part of the latest generation of Diamond speakers.
With an advanced driver system, this speaker incorporates elements that are usually only found in more expensive, high-end brands.
The high-frequency performance has been enhanced with an evolved tweeter design and the crossover integration software will combine the bass/mid-range and treble units seamlessly
The WHARFEDALE 11CC Centre Speaker includes design elements never previously seen at such affordable price points.
At the start of the design process, Wharfedale’s engineers went back to basics in order to create a loudspeaker system that would once again revolutionise this sector of the hi-fi market and bring high-end performance – and style – within reach of most music lovers, not just the wealthy few.
Advanced driver systems
Where as most affordable speaker systems are based on drive units that are built down to a price, Wharfedale started with the premise that Diamond drivers should be aimed at performance.
That is why the Diamond 11 Series sports advanced driver systems incorporating elements normally only found in high-end loudspeakers, such as:
- Bass and mid-range driver baskets with a network of ribs for added strength, improving among other things transient impact
- Massive magnet designs improving sensitivity and control of cone movement
- Specially shaped single-forged pole piece with copper cap controls the magnetic flux and reducing low distortion through the critical midrange area
- Progressive suspension featuring lightweight foamed surround for an extended mid-range response
- super-long-throw voice coil motor system to achieve unparalleled linearity and accuracy
- Woven Kevlar cones
High-frequency performance has been similarly enhanced with a newly evolved tweeter design.
Again, an over-sized ceramic magnet system is used, with a copper cap for flux control. And, here, the pole piece is vented through to a specially shaped rear chamber.
This provides a low resonant frequency, ensuring excellent linearity throughout the operating system and allowing the textile dome to contribute to a lucid mid-range performance in addition to precise high-frequency detailing.
AVAILABLE IN BLACK, WHITE, ROSEWOOD AND WALNUT.
|Description||2 Way Centre Speaker|
|Enclosure Type||Bass Reflex (down ported)|
|Bass Driver||DUAL 4 inch Woven Kevlar cone|
|Tweeter||1 inch soft dome|
|Frequency Response (+/-3dB)||85Hz – 20kHz|
|Recommended Amplifier Power||25W-100W|
|Nominal Impedance||8 Ohms Compatible|
|Dimensions (H x W x D) in mm||145 x 420 x 138|
|Stocked Colours||Blackwood, Rosewood, Walnut, White Sandex|